Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Zeke's Kitchen - Garland on Kingsley one block from Kingsley and Shiloh

This is a family owned restaurant. Me and wifey always prefer eating in family/locally owned restaurants instead of chains. Zeke is an uncle of one of the owners who made a positive impact on him as he grew up. I am kind of jealous here because I had 12 uncles, but none of them had anywhere near that kind of impact on me.

All around the restaurant are different bits of wisdom. They are very interesting. You need to eat here about 3 times just to read all of the items on the walls. Of course by the 3rd time you will be part of the family and will want to eat here from now on. I give it a 8.5 for ambiance. It makes a redneck proud.

Today I ordered the chicken Quesadilla. You get all 4 quarters of the Quesadilla, so it is a full basket of food. This is one of the best Quesadillas that I have had. It is of course loaded with fajita chicken that is spiced nicely, over flowing with cheese in every bite, then there are onions, bell peppers, hot peppers, and assorted pico de gallo. Man it is sure good. Tonight we had dinner with friends at a popular Mexican restaurant in Mesquite and my friend ordered Chicken Quesadilla. These had only chicken and tortilla that I could tell. Zeke's gets an 8.8, the local Mexican restaurant would not get over a 4.

The wifey had a late brunch today so she didn't eat lunch, but in the past she has had the Chicken salad and she says it was one of the best Chicken salads she has ever eaten. I have had the hamburger here and it is a top 10 burger also. I have had the chicken pasta plate and it was very good also. Bottom line is, these folks know how to cook and make food tasty. My kind of folk.

By the way this is one of those off menu restaurants. If you are wanting something and it is not on the menu, if they can come up with the ingredients, you'll get it. Of course being a bean counter, I live in a black and white world so I have a hard time off the menu, but you might want to try it. They need a good challenge.

I give Zeke's an 8.9. Get yourself to Garland and enjoy. You also want to Friend Zeke's Kitchen on Facebook so that you will get their Specials everyday. They have some very appetizing specials.

NOTE: Open only for lunch.

Mitcho
©2014



No comments:

Post a Comment