Friday, May 30, 2014

Cracker Barrell - Mesquite

First of all, I want to be sure you know that I just barely meet the minimum age to enter Cracker Barrel. We had an early dinner at 5:00 and met friends coming out after eating dinner. There just should be a rule against eating that early.

After our failure to eat somewhat healthy at Luby's earlier this week, we took the vegetable run at Cracker Barrel. Between us we ordered 6 vegetables.

The pinto beans had a pretty good taste. They had either bacon or ham (I couldn't tell) and a small about of spice. They weren't anything I will brag about, but they were pretty decent. They get a 6.

Then onto the hashbrowns casserole. I have had these before and remember them being just barely OK. But tonight it tasted like they might have added some cheese to them and they were pretty decent tonight. So giv em a 6.

Finally, I went to the Fried Apples. Now this is more of a dessert than a vegetable. These had a sauce on them that was probably loaded with brown sugar. Pass me another helping of them. This here is a 7.5.

Wifey also had mashed tators and fried okra(she also had pinto beans for those that are counting). She seemed to enjoy them but didn't make any specific comments. She was probably afraid I would want to share them with her.

I was eyeing the pecan pie-chocolate brownie-Blue Bell ice cream dessert when the phone rang and I had to leave to do some ministry work. Sounds like next time will be better.

Service tonight was spotty. I don't like running out of iced tea! Service gets a 4.

Tonight they get a 6.5

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment