Sunday, May 18, 2014

IN N OUT BURGERS- Rockwall

First of all they get a minus one because there is not one in Mesquite.

I have told you before that I have a hard time with the off the menu ordering. This place gets a minus 1 because of it's off menu policies. This place has a cult following in California. There apparently are blogs just to discuss this restaurant chain. Apparently on this blog you can learn about all of the off menu options. You apparently are not cool if you don't order off menu. Well I guess I am not cool. But then I never have been so that is no real problem for me. The menu in the restaurant is actually pretty limited. It does have what I want so it really isn't that big of a problem.

On this trip I ordered the single cheeseburger, fries and a drink. The wifey ordered a hamburger and a drink. The person also rung her up fries that she didn't want but we didn't realize it until we received our food. No real problem, we had Precious and Lil Bud with us and they ate most of her fries.

The cheeseburger actually was a pretty good burger. Most cheeseburgers have a little something yellow on the meat that is supposed to be cheese and typically I can't taste it. So normally I forgo the cheese. Why pay for something you can't tell is there. On this burger, the cheese was everywhere and tasted pretty good. So they get a bonus point (of course they need a bonus point). Also, the burger had a full slice of Onion' (said with a cajin accent). Now I am a big fan of the Onion' and the more onion it has the better I like it. This burger gets positive marks because of the onion slice. The meat had a basic hamburger taste, nothing special.  Burger King and Whataburger rule here in the chains category. I am usually a mustard kind of guy, but their burgers come with Thousand Island dressing, so I let the good times roll and tried the Thousand Island. This actually is a pretty good addition to the burger, I kind of liked it. Overall the burger gets a 6 after additions and subtractions.

I like the fries. They were thin cut, which is a plus in my book. They were also very crispy. Decent flavor. With the help of Precious and Lil' Bud we plowed through two orders of fries in a pretty short time. Fries get a 6.5 (I can't decide if they are a 6 or 7).

Overall a pretty decent dining experience for a fast food joint. They get a 6.5.

The next blog will cover Food Trucks, so get ready.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment