Saturday, May 3, 2014

Posado's in Plano on 75 between Parker & Spring Creek SB service rd

Okay, this is just a wee bit north of EastDallasCounty. I can't eat all my meals around home. Grandson's basketball game took us to Plano last night. He scored a basket. A great shot from about 12 feet out. Way to go man.

I was also very shocked. If you read my last post about Posado's Mesquite, I have a long history with Posado's and it has been a very good one. Last night did not meet my expectations.

Once we were seated it wasn't too long before our waitress came to take drink orders and our dinner orders. We got to talking about the activities of the day, the basketball game, etc. and quite a bit of time went by. Finally after 10 to 15 minutes I realized that not only had we not received our drinks, we had never been served with chips and hot sauce. Now one of the main reasons you go to a Tex-Mex restaurant is chips and salsa. In our case my wifey eats one full basket by herself. I may start calling her chipper. Oh, maybe not. Anyway, the drinks, chips and salsa did not come until our food came. By the way we ordered 6 drinks, 4 of them were wrong. How do you do that???? Our waitress made excuses for the slowness of everyone else, but didn't address her short comings or actually not coming to serve us. Once we had our food, the service improved some, but it was already too late. We only ate one bowl of chips for 6 people, and remember chipper was with us.
Service gets a 2.5 and I am being generous.

We ordered chicken fajitas. Now I love some Posados chicken fajitas. They are very spicy, they come with sauted onions (and I am a fan of the ONION - said with a cajun accent), a butter sauce to die for (I hear it is unbelievably good, my wifey takes the butter sauce everytime and leaves me everything else), sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, and cheese (NOTE: At some Tex-Mex restaurants, the sour cream and cheese cost extra). The meal also comes with beans and rice. We always go for the charro beans. Man are they ever spiced up nicely.
Score 9 for chicken fajitas
7.5 for Charro beans
Rice is Rice
Tortillas gets a 7
salsa 6
butter sauce 9 or better
everything else 7.5..

At the end of the meal we had a sopapilla which are free at Posados. Man, put some butter and syrup on top and it is some good.

Our basketball star also got an ice cream cone to celebrate his basket. Ice cream cones are free also.

The food was Pasados quality, however, the service was pitiful. There won't be a future re-scoring because I won't be going back.

In this same area in Plano is also a Chuy's and El Fenix. Both pretty high on my Tex-Mex List.

Mitcho
©2014


No comments:

Post a Comment