Friday, May 16, 2014

Pizza Getti - Lasagna Buckner Blvd between I-30 and John West

Yipper, this is the same Pizza Getti as I reviewed last week. As I said before there is only ONE Pizza Getti all the rest are wannabees. Home of the Best Pizza in the US/World and the Best Spaghetti I have ever eaten.

So I decided to try the Lasagna tonight. I have been eating in this place 45 years and I have never tried the Lasagna. That's because the pizza is so good that it is hard to not eat pizza. But I will sacrifice one meal for the sake of the blogger community.

The lasagna comes with a salad and they have a salad bar. After Little Darlin' patted me on the stomach and told me how fat I was, I decided to forgo the salad for waist line purposes. I have not paid much attention to the salad bar, because as I said, the food is awesome here. But you lightweights that need a salad to offset the good stuff, there is one.

Oh my, the lasagna looks different from any I have ever eaten, and I have eaten many, my waistline proves it. The sauce is the same sauce that is on the spaghetti and it is the absolute BEST. There is plenty of several kinds of cheese, so much so that you have to work a while to get to the noodles. But they are there. Great sauce, great cheese, like the pizza and spaghetti, it is the best I have ever eaten. Mitcho gives it a 9.75 just to keep you from thinking I am prejudice or something.

Also, the meal comes with a basket of garlic toast and it has a very good garlic flavor. Give the toast an 8.

The service was excellent as always and I saw a number of friends in the restaurant tonight. So service, fun and ambiance it gets an 8.

If you haven't been here you are robbing yourself. Stop stealing from yourself and get there. You won't regret it.

Till next time.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment