Monday, May 5, 2014

Spring Creek BBQ Restaurant Row in Mesquite

Spring Creek is a chain with restaurants across the MetroMess. The BBQ is alway dependable. It won't ever be the best, but it is always good.

Me and the Wifey split a Beef and Sausage dinner.

The beef slices are tender and not overloaded with fat. Give it a 6.758
The sausage we selected was pepper sausage. It has a good quantity of pepper so that you can taste the pepper in every bite. I am a big spicy/pepper fan. So this meets my needs. I give the sausage a 7.05.
The beans have a good flavor and after I put some BBQ sauce on them, they were plenty spicy. Give the beans a 7.0.
The potato salad is good with a good variety of ingredients in it. However, did I not say I liked things spicy. This is a mayonnaise based potato salad. To get a high score it has to be mustard based. Give a 5.5.
The rolls are baked fresh on site and they are very yummy. Grab plenty of butter as you go through the line as you will want to eat a number of rolls. Forget that diet for about 15 minutes. Give the rolls a 7.5. The best food item here.

Saw several good friends here tonight which always makes dining a little more fun.

NOTE: On Sundays you get a free scoop of Blue Bell Ice Cream. Now I am a big fan of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla.

Overall, this is a solid 7, you won't brag about it, but you won't regret going there either.

HINT: My top two BBQ places are Hutchins BBQ on Tennessee in McKinney and Rudy's. Their reviews are coming soon!

Mitcho
©2014


No comments:

Post a Comment