Monday, May 19, 2014

Chan's in Mesquite on Galloway down from Hobby Lobby

I was thinking there hasn't been any Chinese food in the mix lately. So it was time to slide over to Chan's. Probably my favorite Chinese food place in Mesquite. Of course I was accompanied by the wifey.

We ordered the Teriyaki (I have a hard time spelling Chinese words) Chicken. Upon ordering they advised us it takes 15 to 20 minutes to cook it. At least they are up front about the wait. As advertised, it took 15 to 20 minutes to get food. A lot of the time we order Sweet and Sour Chicken and it comes out in just a few minutes. If you are in a hurry you might want to try calling in ahead of time so that they can start cooking your Teriyaki (it's interesting, blogspot says I spell it wrong, but a Google search says I am right, so go figure) Chicken.

Note we only ordered one meal. That's because the portions are huge. When we got our chicken it was at least 1/2 of a chicken. It is all we can do to eat one order. The order also comes with a Teriyaki sauce and fried rice. As I have said before rice is rice.

The Teriyaki sauce is pretty strong. Just like Mitcho likes it. Giving the sauce a 7.5.

The chicken is basically a grilled chicken breast, but there is a lot of it. Giving the chicken a 7.

Chan's is a guaranteed pretty good meal. Give it a try.

By the way for my friends that are not rednecks, I have cleaned the chicken up. Normally I call it Yardbird. See when I was little, we would go to my grandparents and they had chickens running all around the yard. Mid-morning, my grandmother would go out in the yard and catch a chicken. Well you don't want to know the rest, but that is how I came up with the name Yardbird. You guys have just gotten too civilized.

Next time.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment