Thursday, May 15, 2014

Tinos Mexican - Collins in Mesquite

First of all Tino's is run by a great family. They are good business people and Christians. Very friendly!
Tino's has been in business a long time. Years ago, their prices were considerably less than the rest and their food very spicy. They have had significant success over the years. I personally believe that they have to cook food in such large batches that it is impossible to retain the spicy flavors. These guys were the best. However, due to success, their food is not as great, it is good, but not great. Their prices are very similar to everyone else.

On this night we ordered Chicken fajitas, one of wifey's favorites. The chicken was good but not as spicy.
Chicken gets a 7.0
The setup items include sauteed onions and bell pepper, pico degallo, and guacamole. You have to pay extra to get cheese and sour cream. (NOTE: See Posado's, these guys give you cheese, sour cream, a butter sauce that is outstanding, sopapilla and ice cream for the same price with no extra charges.)
The setup gets a 5.0
As I have said before rice is rice.
The refried beans are basic refried beans, give it a 5.

The chips are pretty decent here so they get a 6.
The salsa is a good salsa, maybe the best thing here. I am giving the salsa a 7.5.

As I mentioned in my Zeke's Kitchen review, my friend ordered Chicken Quesadilla and they were pretty basic. I didn't eat any of them, but they get a 4 anyway. (See Zeke's Chicken Quesadilla.)

We have many friends that eat here and tonight we saw several friends of ours. The dining out experience is more fun when you get to see friends along the way. If you went everywhere I went, then I would always have at least one friend to visit with.

Service tonight was spotty. Some of it was we were visiting with friends, but still we like to have never ordered. The rest of the meal we had some service, but it was lacking at times. Tonight it gets a 4. This actually is not the norm here. Normally these guys do a good job of service, so give em one break here.

Overall Tino's gets a 6.

Mitcho loves Texas. If you are counting I have reviewed 6 Mexican restaurants at this point and I know of a number more that I eat in occasionally. There are many states in the US that don't have 6 good mexican restaurants. Go Texas!!!!

Mitcho
©2014




No comments:

Post a Comment