Sunday, May 4, 2014

#1 Pizza Getti - On Buckner blvd between I-30 and John West Worlds Best Pizza bar none

First of all there are several Pizza Getti's on the East Side of Dallas. There is one in Rockwall at I-30 and Ridge and one on Hwy 78 around Nevada. BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE REAL PIZZA GETTI, all the rest are not related and are wannabee's.

I have been eating in this pizza place since September or October of 1968. I still love the same pizza that I started eating there 45 years ago. The owners are 2nd generation, but just as good cooks and just as friendly. Speaking of 2nd generation, this is the one place that I can tell my kids I am going to for dinner and both will drive 25 to 30 miles to eat dinner.

Hello to D Magazine and Texas Monthly if you think you cover the food places of Dallas and Texas and have never listed Pizza Getti, your listings are bogus at best!!!!!

Now for the real skinny:

Service is outstanding. You will start being a friend here on your first trip and after a few trips you will be family. You can't find that anywhere else. These guys are hard working trying to make sure you have what you need. Service gets a 9.5.

As for Pizza, it is the absolute best pizza in the world. Ok, I have only eaten pizza in the US and Mexico, but I don't think Cambodia or Ghana are the pizza capital of the world. Ok, some place in Italy might have a claim worth trying once, but why go to Italy when you have it right here in East Dallas. I have eaten pizza in probably 25 to 30 states in the US and I always look forward to coming back to Pizza Getti for GOOD PIZZA.

My personal favorite is the Deluxe Pizza. This pretty much has everything in the house on it. The tastes just explode in your mouth. This is one of those I bet you can't eat just one!!!!

I also am a big fan of the sausage, pepperoni, canadian bacon, etc. There are no bad pizza's here.

If you are not into pizza try the spaghetti. It is the best I have ever eaten. They also have lasagna, and I love lasagna, but the pizza and spaghetti are so good I have never gotten around to trying it. But I would bet money on it. If everything else is so great, I can promise the lasagna will be out of this world.

Last night we had the Deluxe pizza. It was awesome. It get's a 10 and as I mentioned in an earlier blog, I am only going to give 2 10's. I also give the sausage, pepperoni and canadian bacon pizza's a 10.

Closed on Sunday or Monday.

So right now start planning your trip for lunch or dinner on Tuesday, you won't regret it.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment