Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Pantry - McKinney on Louisiana 1 block east of the square

The Pantry is mainly a lunch place in McKinney. Their hours are 11:00 to 2:30 Monday to Friday and Thursday to Saturday 5:00 to 8:00.

This is basically your sandwich, soup and salad joint followed by FRESH PIES. It is in a building that is probably pushing 100 years old. I enjoy the table cloths on about 1/2 of the tables. These have newspaper advertisements from the 1850's. Today I got real interested in a wagon (you know pulled by two horses, sometimes with a cloth cover if you were rich) for sale for $58.95. I would bet $58.95 was a lot of money in 1850. However, it was a really cool looking wagon. But you can't eat it, so let's move on.

At lunch today, I ordered a cup of Chili, tea and Chocolate Cream Pie, wow.

The Chili was surprisingly spicy. It also had cheese on top. I was expecting a decent chili, but nothing special. However, I enjoyed the chili quite a bit. Give the chili a 7.

(The wifey ordered chicken tortilla soup and seemed to enjoy it also.)

Now the real skinney is the PIE. First of all, they have 8 or 9 choices of pie. Every piece of pie is a MAN size slice. You get a plate full of pie every time. I wanted about 4 or 5 slices of the different choices. My Chocolate Cream Pie was heavenly. Whipped cream, chocolate and a cream filling on the bottom. Yum Yum. The Pie gets an 8.75.

Mitcho says eat light in sandwiches and soup, then filler up on PIE.

NOTE: I also had dinner at Doe Belly's tonight, but tonights meal was identical to my last rating - 10!

Tomorrow will be about a restaurant downtown Dallas.

Mitcho
©2014


No comments:

Post a Comment