Thursday, May 29, 2014

Zeke's Kitchen - Italian Sub

Yipper, back to one of my favorites, Zeke's Kitchen, open only for lunch Monday to Friday. So order two, take one home for a midnight snack.

One of my tests for a restaurant when I am travelling is there a good group of people in the restaurant at 12:00 noon or a 6:00 pm. The good ones always have a good group of people there. Well that is how it was today at Zeke's. How do you cram that many people into a fairly quaint place?  Nobody was complaining.

Today I ordered the Italian Sub special. This was the special of the day. I was too busy talking to determine if this is on the regular menu or not. If it is not, then I will be joining the off menu scene. You know, I was dogging off menu last week, but maybe there is a place for it.

I am not sure of all of the ingredients in this sandwich, but it was the absolute best Italian sub I have ever had. I have eaten Subway's version, Quiznos (which was probably my favorite until today) and a number of real restaurants across the county. Oh my, Slap My Mammy. I can't describe sufficiently how good that sandwich was. Let me tell you, it wasn't no minature sub either. That baby filled the basket from one end to the other. Always a good thing.

I also got the Charro beans. Like the sandwich, beans was only one of many ingredients in the bowl of beans. Very spicy and very tasty. Mitcho likes!!!

As I have said before, I am only going to have two 10's, so the Zeke's Italian sub gets a 9.85+.

Mitcho
©2014



No comments:

Post a Comment