Monday, May 12, 2014

Souper Salad - Mesquite

What does a redneck do when he finds himself at an all you can eat salad bar?

Mitchos answer: Pile On

Little Wifey's answer: Post bail and get out of there.

The Wifey wins this one hands down.

Ok so the wifey thinks she has a pound she needs to lose, so it is salads for awhile. Yippee, just what a redneck wants.

I enjoy a salad almost as much as any other guy, and Souper Salad is one of my favorites mainly because of the variety of things you can put on that salad.

As usual, the lettuce is cut in large pieces and are mainly the bottom part of the head of lettuce, you know the thick white stuff you don't want to eat. So lettuce gets a 3, but thankfully we didn't come here for lettuce. Whew!

I pile on radish, onion, bell pepper, celery, cheese, etc. You don't get radish or celery in most places. So the pile ons get a 5.

Thousand Island dressing tonight, sometimes I go for Ranch and sometimes Honey Mustard. You know variety is the spice of life!

They always have 4 soup options, but there is only one that I really care for and that is the sausage, beans and rice. Now that soup rocks, but they only have it about once a month . NOT TONIGHT!! So no soup for me. They did have vegetable soup, which they have most of the time. I have never tried it, but it probably is decent, but it is not as good as sausage, beans and rice.

The also have a taco bar, but it never looks too appetizing, so I pass it on by.

At the end of the bar I land at the bread. I really like the ginderbread with lots of butter. This gets a 6.51. I also get a blueberry square which is not too bad. Give it a 5.

I top the evening off with a bowl of ice cream. Now this is not top 5 ice cream, but with enough sprinkles and caramel sauce, it isn't bad.

I did notice in the last month they have gone up $2.00 for two and don't have Pepperoni on the salad bar anymore. So they better be careful, more money for less decent options means Mitcho goes somewhere else.

Overall, I give the meal a 5.281.

Tomorrow I will be coming to you from the Cox Elementary Cafeteria in the Wylie ISD. Yum, Yum!

Till next time, Mitcho
©2014



No comments:

Post a Comment