Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Koffee Kup, Hico, TX

Ok, it may be a little southwest of Dallas County. It was a beautiful day, so it was time to put the top down on the convertible and take a cruise. So we headed southwest to the big town of Hico. The Koffee Kup sells itself as a destination for motorcycle clubs. Several motorcycle magazines have written articles about The Koffee Kup as a destination. So I had to try it. First of all we arrived about 10:30 and there were a number of tables available. Of course when Mitcho walks in, a crowd forms. In the next 5 minutes all of the tables were full.

Since I don't eat eggs, the wifey had to provide the egg beat here. She ordered scrambled eggs. However, they came fried scramble eggs over easy. I have never seen any like this before. However, the wifey says she enjoyed them. Give em a 5.

I had biscuits and gravy. The biscuits were man sized and very tasty. Our biscuits were a little overdone. Of course I like my food overdone to charcoaled. So the biscuits get one bonus point for being overdone. The gravy was a decent cream gravy, of course once I splattered it with pepper and salt it was pretty good gravy. Give it a 5.

I also ordered hash browns. I couldn't believe it, the hash browns filled a pretty good size plate. You could have made a meal out of just the hash browns. I enjoyed the hash browns, but they were a little greasy. So it gets a 5.

We drove through the country on the way home and enjoyed the wildflowers and scenery.

All in all a pretty good excursion.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment