Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Crumbzz Tasting Pavilion - S Bois D Arc Forney

First of all, the front door should have a sign "Rednecks should not enter!!!!". This is your souffle and quiche kind of fufu place. It is open for breakfast and lunch. 1/2 block south of the Forney square, if Forney has a square.

I had my wifey and M-I-L with me. I wanted to give M-I-L a lunch she could talk to her friends about. Unfortunately she is much closer to being a redneck than a high cotton fufu girl.

The service (probably the owner) was nice and helpful. However, the kitchen was terribly slow. The M-I-L had business to tend to right after lunch and was very close to being late and we had allowed more time than would normally be necessary. So the girls had trouble enjoying their food because they were running out of time. So, don't go here if you have plans for the afternoon!!! I rate service a 3.5 because of the kitchen (they are part of their team, maybe).

I ordered Iced Rooibos Signature Tea. This is the signature tea for the restaurant. The tea came in a fairly small glass at $3.00. I was concerned that this was $3.00 per glass, as I saw no one get a refill the whole time I was there. When we got the tea, I determined that it had a funny taste. So I let the wifey try it. She immediately said it tasted like "Robitussin cough syrup". I agree with her. The tea may be expensive but it is a 4 or less.

I searched the menu for Redneck food and was disappointed at best. There were only two choices that I might make work. There was a grilled cheese sandwich for $8.50 and San Miguel Nochalette for $8.00. Being a tightwad and wanting to give you different experiences on my blog, I went with the San Miguel Nochalette. Now this is Tuna with Cheese on a Tostito. Wifey was expecting a large enough plate we could share. However, I bet that Nochalette meant very little nacho. I was right, 9 small chips total. Now, I had never thought about Tuna on a nacho before. I am a fan of Tuna Patties, but nachos, not so much. There was plenty of cheese which dialed down the tuna flavor to an acceptable level. Hoping I don't get ship wrecked here again, I give it a 5.

The wifey got Tuna Salad Sandwich and said it was just OK. Go to Zeke's Kitchen and the Tuna Salad is WOW and for probably 1/2 the price.

If I was from the Oak Lawn area I would probably be giving this place an 8, but since I am from Mesquite, give it 5 and consider it a gift.

Mitcho
©2014


No comments:

Post a Comment