Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Popeye's - Towne Centre and Gus Thomasson

It was high noon and it was time to eat some lunch. It doesn't really matter if you are hungry or not, it was time. As I have been quoted in the past "what does hunger have to do with it?" So we did the Shake, Rattle & Roll to Popeye's. The wifey and me have been here many times before. Up until a few months ago we kept Precious every Wednesday evening, and we would take her to Popeye's with us. You know it was pretty regular because, once we stopped keeping her on Wednesday evenings, the Popeye crew would ask us where she was!!

We especially like the Wednesday special. It is two chicken strips, a side and a biscuit. For two it cost about $8.50, now I like cheap. Of the chicken fast food places, Popeye's is my favorite.

The chicken strips have a heavy breading crust that has a good taste to it. The chicken always has a good taste. Popeye's has a good number of dipping sauces and I have tried a number of them and have liked all of them. Today I chose BBQ sauce. It was some good eats. Givin the chicken a 6.85.

I chose red beans and rice for my side today. This side is ok, but that is about all I can say. We have also tried fries, and mashed taters. It is sad when mashed taters is probably the best of the sides. You would think that as good as they are at making the chicken tasty and spicy if you want it spicy, they would be able to make good sides. Think again, several times. Givin the beans and rice a 4.75.

As good as the chicken is, the biscuit is where it is at. They apparently load the biscuit crust with butter. They are very tasty and flaky. Ask for a honey packet and you got some good luvin there. I have been know to order extra biscuits. Givin the biscuit a 7.25.

Overall Popeye's gets a 6.283

Mitcho
©2014



No comments:

Post a Comment