Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Chili's - I-30 & Belt Line - Garland

First of all I refer to this place as "Chill Dogs". I don't know why, I just do. I had acquired a $50.00 gift card. My favorite food is always paid by "other people". With free money in hand we called Darlin to see if her and the gang wanted to join us for dinner. Free meal, yea she came.

We started the meal with Chips & Salsa. Did I mention that Chipper was with us. So you know, the chips disappeared fast. I like the Chili's chips and salsa, it has a pretty good taste. It's a good way to start a meal. The Chips & Salsa gets a 7.25.

We decided to do the 2 for $20 deal. This is actually a pretty good deal. We got Chicken fajitas and Pepperoni Pizza. The Chicken fajitas has bell pepper and onions, but nothing else. No cheese, sour cream, etc. The Chicken tasted pretty good, but I need the whole group of junky food. So it only gets a 5.75.

The Pepperoni Pizza tasted ok. The pepperoni, sauce, and cheese were about normal for mediocre pizza. However the crust was deep dish, I like thin crust. See Pizza Getti. This pizza gets a 6.

Service was very good, of course there wasn't many people in the restaurant (we got there at 5:00). Service gets a 7.

Overall, Chili gets a 6.5 for tonight.

About halfway through our meal a client was seated at the table next to us. I didn't realize until we were leaving that he had paid our tab, so we got a free meal and I still have the $50.00 gift card. So you can count on another blog from Chili's soon.

Now I have to go eat a piece of Coconut Pie my mother in law baked me for my birthday. Yum, Yum.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment