Monday, July 28, 2014

The Steak Angus - Belt Line Rd near Downtown Mesquite

It was dinner time once again, so the wifey and me did the Mambo to The Steak Co. We were looking for a locally owned restaurant that I have not reviewed yet. I have eaten here before, but it has changed ownership. For that matter it has changed ownership a number of times in the last few years. This was a Golden Corral restaurant 30 years ago and has been a number of different restaurants since then, but the interior is still a 30 year old Golden Corral, which isn't golden anymore. So the ambiance is a little short here.

In  studying the menu, the prices are equal to the big chains. For example Black Eyed Pea is the same cost or less. I don't talk about price much, because I go basically to cheap restaurants. We decided to order the Chicken Fried Steak and split it. This meal came with two sides (pinto beans and okra) and a trip to the salad bar.

I didn't go to the salad bar, but from my seat I could tell there wasn't much variety. Our salad had lettuce, onions (wifey knows Mitcho loves some onion), cheese, Thousand Island dressing and some bacon bits. I like a little more variety of veggies in my salad. Also, the Thousand Island tasted somewhat watered down. Otherwise it was ok, just limited. I am givin it a 5.

The Chicken Fried steak was ok, it was breaded nicely and the steak was not tough (See Mothers Daughters in Forney). So givin it a 6.65.

The pinto beans were basically beans, not much flavor. Of course they were better once I loaded them with salt and pepper. Givin the beans a 6.

The okra was breaded pretty good and had a decent flavor. Givin them a hearty 6.85.

Overall, this meal gets a 6.125.

Mitcho

©2014



No comments:

Post a Comment