Wednesday, July 23, 2014

5th St Diner - Great Falls, Mt

So on Tuesday we had to drive from Kalispell, MT to Great Falls, Mt to catch a plane to Denver to get back to Dallas. So I did some surfing on Urbanspoon.com to find a restaurant in Great Falls for lunch. Since we would be flying from 4:00 till midnight, dinner was most likely going to be missed. Now Mitcho does not miss meals. So I needed to find a place to load up for lunch. I find Urbanspoon.com to be pretty accurate in it's ratings. Now I needed to find a place to feed a hungry man, a wife wanting to watch her diet and a kid that basically only eats Pizza. They don't make that kind of restaurant. I found the 5th St Diner which was billed as a 50's Diner complete with seats at the soda fountain. It sounded pretty cute so we swung by. On arrival the Diner was a very cute 50's Diner. It has many pictures, vinyl records, and other 50's items. Very cute place.

Now CBoss was excited about the place because they had Fanta Orange in a glass bottle. It was sooo much better than in a can. So he overlooked the fact that he was served a hamburger instead of pizza.

I ordered the Diner Special. I had no idea what was coming. Oh my gosh. I have never had a hamburger like this. Of course it had a hamburger patty which was ok. On the bottom of the patty was a BBQ sauce that was real tasty. On top of the patty was a scoop of taco meat and a good supply of onions on top. Now you know Mitcho likes onion. The real surprise was the taco meat. It with the BBQ sauce really made this burger tasty. I will be adding taco meat to burgers in the campground. Giving the burger an 8 (yeah it was that good).

The fries was thin cut and tasted like homemade fries. They were very good. I am givin them a 7.

Overall The 5th Street Diner gets a 7.75.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment