Sunday, July 6, 2014

Czech Stop - West, TX

Travelling home on I-35, we went through the town of West. This is the town where the fertilizer plant exploded in the last year and made headlines everywhere. However, this town has been famous for years for the Czech bakeries. There are several in town, but my favorite is the Czech Stop. This is also a Shell gas station, but gas is only a secondary reason to stop here. Oh my gosh the Kolaches are heavenly. I have been known to drive the 90 miles from my home to the Czech Stop just to eat dinner, then drive back home.

I ordered a "Hot Chubby". This is a homemade roll with a hot link and plenty of cheese. Slap my mammy this is some good luvin. I have eaten many Hot Chubby's and they have all been great. Givin the Hot Chubby a 9.55.

I wanted a cinnamon roll also. However, they were out of them. So I had to settle for a Maple Twist. A few of the bites had a hint of maple flavor and a few bites had a sweet taste like icing, but most of the twist was just a bread product. It was very good but not the greatness I was expecting. Givin the Maple Twist a 6.

Overall, this trip to the Czech Stop was an 8.

If you stop there and cinnamon rolls are available buy 6 or 8 for you and a dozen for me. You won't regret it.

NOTE: After I do dessert week sometime soon, I am now thinking of doing a Kolache week.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment