Friday, July 11, 2014

Old Spaghetti Warehouse - Downtown Dallas

We had to deliver Lil' Bud to the Red Courthouse downtown around dinner time. Lil' Bud is going to be a ring bearer in a wedding at the Courthouse tonight. First of all, I didn't realize that weddings were being held in the old courthouse. Second and far more important, there is no way Lil Bud goes the full length of the aisle as directed. Lil Bud for those that don't know, is 18 months old and a "rounder" (I'll explain this term to you KGB types someday soon). In practice last night he made it once out of 10 tries, so I would love to be a fly on the wall. My job was to get him there, I have no liabilities after that.

Since we were downtown, we might as well eat in downtown. I have been eating in the Old Spaghetti Warehouse since the 70's. The ambiance in the restaurant is late 1800's and it is decorated very nicely. There are other locations around the Metromess, but none of the others have the same feel. The restaurant is complete with a trolley car that you can eat in. So it is a very interesting place to go to.

I ordered lasagna tonight, which comes with sourdough bread and a salad.

The sourdough bread is decent but not spectacular. It does come with garlic butter which is pretty good. If you want good bread, Olive Garden is the best and Joes Pizza or Pizza Getti are way better. Givin the bread a 4.75.

The salad was pretty good, not special but pretty good. Givin it a 6.

I was somewhat disappointed in the Lasagna. When I was ordering the waitress asked me if I wanted extra Mozzarella cheese. What I didn't realize by saying no meant there would be NO mozzerella cheese in the Lasagna. Now, every other place I have Lasagna in puts plenty of Mozzarella cheese. There was some other cheese but not much. Overall, they need to hire me to fix their Lasagna recipe. Givin the Lasagna a 5.

I finished the meal with an Oreo Dream cake. This really is a pie. It was loaded with chocolate, graham cracker crust, some oreos, etc. Givin the dessert a 7.

Overall tonight is a 5.6875.

For all of my KGB viewers, tonight's subject is "Bump Drafting". If you want to watch it in action on TV watch a NASCAR race. Bump Drafting began on the freeways in Dallas and Houston and NASCAR just copied us, those copycats. Here is how it works. You are running 80 mph in your Truck on I-635, you are coming upon a car in front of you only running 70 mph (in a 60 mph speed limit). Now we all know that if you are going to drive slowly you have to drive in the far right hand lane. So as you approach the slow poke in front of you, you want to slow down to about 75 so you don't hit em so hard. At the point of impact, you need to "floor it". Now you are pushing them down the freeway at 80 mph like they should have been driving. One of two things is going to happen in the next mile. Either the driver is going to turn his steering wheel just a little bit either way and you are going to push them into the wall, or they are going to realize that they should have been running 85 in the first place and they floor it. Either way is good. One final point that is very important, a good redneck does not Bump Draft another redneck, they have more guns that a division of the Russian army. You Bump Draft a Commie Liberal, they don't have guns. Glad to be of help.

One last point, it has come to my attention that my clients that have my e-mail address also have access to my blog. I am terribly sorry, but I do hope you enjoy a little fun.

Mitcho
©2014




No comments:

Post a Comment