Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pecan Lodge

If you are a self respecting redneck you know BBQ. If you know BBQ you know that Pecan Lodge is rated in the top 5 in Texas. So it is mandatory to make at least one pilgrimage to the local BBQ home. This was my first trip. A fellow redneck friend called and he and his wifey wanted to know is me and wifey would like to make the first pilgrimage together. Duh!!!!!

So we went at 10:40 am to get there early. Yeah right. The line was down the street around the corner to near the end of the back side of their building when we got there. It was about 1 hour in line, which is short from some of the stories I have heard. That is why I am just now going. When we got to order, they were already out of ribs, which greatly disappointed my redneck buddy.

We ordered the two meat plate Jalapeno sausage and brisket. Our 1 side was pinto beans.

The pinto beans had a pretty good flavor and had an afterburn, a plus for Mitcho. Givin the beans a 7.5.

The brisket came in two pieces. The 1st piece was more than 50% fat and almost un-eddible. The other piece had only limited fat, which is how I like it. Now I have to tell you, I have eaten top 5 BBQ before. I have been to Snows BBQ in Lexington and it will make you want to slap your mammy twice. Pecan Lodge isn't in the same ball park. The brisket did have a decent smoked flavor, but it was nothing to write home to mom about. The wifey afterwards said that she would rather have brisket at Rudy's (which I am a big fan of) over Pecan Lodge. So I am going to be generous today and give them a 6.85. Please send your complaints to "whogivesacareitsnotyourblog@aol.com.

The jalapeno sausage was loaded with jalapeno. At least twice the wifey took off with my soda glass to get a refill during a bite of sausage. I didn't think she would ever get back with my drink. It was warm!!!!! The sausage had a pretty good taste. I would do the sausage again. Givin the jalapeno sausage a 7.82.

Overall, Pecan Lodge gets a 7.39.

Follow me to Rudy's in Allen, Denton or Tyler.

For all of my KGB viewers, "Fixin" is a vital word to learn in Texas slang. If a redneck Texan says he is fixin to get some BBQ, this means is about to head out to get some BBQ. In the kitchen a redneck might say "those are some mighty good fixin's", he means he really likes the food in front of him.  

Mitcho
©2014


No comments:

Post a Comment