Thursday, August 7, 2014

San Miguel Grill - Hwy 380 McKinney

Had some bidness to tend to with a client in McKinney so I "Busted a Move" to San Miguel Grill in McKinney. I have eaten here a number of times over the years. This was once one of the busiest restaurants in McKinney. However, it sits about 3 miles east of Hwy 75. These days there are so many restaurants along Hwy 75 that the restaurants that aren't on 75 aren't doing so well. They had a decent lunch crowd today, but nothing like it once was. What's hard to believe is, it is very good Mexican food. Good for Mitcho, not so good for San Miguel.

Today, I still have some feelings from Monday when I was puny, so I am watching what I eat. Yeah right, watching what I eat in a Mexican Restaurant. How's that working for you. So I only had a few chips, but their chips seem a little different that most Mexican restaurants. The chips are almost an El Fenix chip which I like quite a bit. So givin the chips a 7.

The salsa is a good spicy salsa with a lot of flavor. I only had a few bites of salsa, mainly to give a report on it, but it was good. Givin the salsa a 7.5.

I ordered cheese enchilada's today. I didn't think about the enchilada's being smothered in large quantities of chili. My bad. I ate it any way. These cheese enchilada's were some of the best tasting cheese I have had in a long time. Givin the cheese enchilada's an 8.

The rice and beans, were rice and beans.

Overall givin San Miguel an 8 and a hearty recommendation. If you are in McKinney for lunch or dinner and want Mexican, you can't go wrong at San Miguel.

Mitcho
©2014



No comments:

Post a Comment