Thursday, August 21, 2014

Scotty P's - Firewheel Mall - New Mexico Hatch Green Chile Burger

Well daycare was closed this afternoon, so I had to keep Big Guy and Lil' Darlin. So by dinner time I was ready to pass them off to the parents. So after much debating we decided to meet the rest of the gang, Darlin', Sax Man and CBoss at Scotty P's.  So we did the bossa nova to Firewheel.

When you go into the door, they have a sign advertising their New Mexico Hatch Green Chile Burger. I have heard a lot about the New Mexico Green Hatch Chile, but I have never eaten one. So this seemed like a decent chance to try it out. So I ordered one. This burger comes with meat,  swiss cheese, the chiles, and onion strings. The girls ordered cardiac fries-loaded so I was advised not to order fries.

When the burger was ready, it was the tallest burger I have ever had. When they said there would be onion strings on the burger, I expected 3 or 4 onion strings, not a whole helping. I scraped the onion strings off the burger and had a plate full of them. My gosh I never expected so many. The burger had a very good taste. However, I could taste the green chile's to some extent but there was nothing special there! I really couldn't tell the difference from normal canned green chile's and the Hatch variety. But I have had one now. One more thing off my bucket list.

The cardiac fries came loaded with cheese, chives, bacon, and jalapenos. Now the girlies did not go after the jalapeno's so once I finished my onion strings, I dove into the fries. Load em with cheese and jalapenos and you got some good food for Mitcho. I ate fries till I was miserable and we still had 1/3 of them left. I didn't get them to go, but I have done that in the past and warm them in the oven and they are not that bad.

Givin Scotty P's a hearty 7.5.

Mitcho
©2014



No comments:

Post a Comment