Monday, August 18, 2014

Luby's - Rockwall I-30 and Hwy 205

It is amazing how the wifey and me are on the same wave channel so much. I was thinking about dinner and wanting some vegetables so I was thinking of going to either Luby's or Boston Market. So the Wifey comes in and says she wants to go to Luby's in Rockwall. Sounds good to me. Of course if you read my review of Luby's in Mesquite, it is NOT good. So we decided to fight the traffic to Rockwall, which wasn't all that bad tonight.

This is a brand new Luby's in the Costco parking lot. It is very nice inside and much different from the one in Mesquite.

I ordered the vegetable plate, which included a salad, pinto beans and fried okra, which also comes with a roll.

The salad had good fresh lettuce, onions (you know Mitcho luves onion), bell peppers, cheese and honey mustard dressing. This was a pretty good salad.

The pinto beans had a very good taste. You can tell they tried to make the beans tasty.

My fried okra was from the bottom of the pan and were a little mushy. Wifey's was more crisp and they both tasted very good.

The wheat roll had a good flavor also.

Of course you go to Luby's for pie. So when we got to the pie, we were going to split a slice. The wifey goes for the Low Sugar/Low Fat pie. They should also say Low Taste. Now you know there is a concern about the pie, when we had to debate what flavor of pie it was. I think it was a poor stab at Coconut and the Wifey thought it was Lemon. The whipped cream on top had a good taste and the crust was pretty good crust. Of course I warned the wifey in advance and she got the pie anyway. So the pie will not count in my score as the wifey asked for no taste pie.

Overall, I give this meal a 7.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment