Monday, June 9, 2014

Black-Eyed Pea - Mesquite Restaurant Row

Had a virus last night and today, so I was a little puny at dinner time. So I wanted to eat somewhat healthy. If you read my post regarding Luby's you will understand why I didn't go to Luby's. So the wifey and me made a run for Black-Eyed Pea. This is basically a place to get a home cooked meal from a chain restaurant. Surely that is an oxymoron.

I ordered mashed taters, macaroni & cheese and cinnamon apples.

I started the meal with Peach Tea. I had high hopes that only lasted till the first glass was brought to the table. Two comments about the tea, it was really sweet and it only somewhat tasted like peach. Givin the tea a 5.

The mashed taters are cooked with the peels still on. With plenty of salt and pepper the taters were pretty good. However, taters are a staple that have to be really special to score, so they get a 5.

Next was macaroni & cheese. This tasted like macaroni & cheese. Basically it either does or it doesn't, there isn't much variation here. So the mac & cheese get a 5.

On to the cinnamon apples. The apples were cooked to a good consistency and were in a sweet sauce. I am still looking for the cinnamon. They get a 5.

The meal came with rolls and cornbread. The rolls and cornbread may have been the best part of the meal. They get a 6.

Overall, the Black-Eyed Pea gets a 5.125.

next time

Mitcho
©2014


No comments:

Post a Comment