Saturday, June 7, 2014

Raising Caines - Rockwall

Well we were off to Rockwall to keep the grands. After a day of ministry work it was time to raise a little cain. So we loaded up Precious and Lil' Bud and off to Raising Caines. The story is the grands eat chicken strips.

First the good news. The Rockwall location has a picture of my hero Chuck Norris in the dining room. The answer to my favorite trivia question is yes, I was an extra in a Chuck Norris movie. I stood in the lunch line behind Chuck and he was a very nice guy, nothing like what I expected. But I digress (I seem to do that a lot.)

First of all the menu has 3 options- chicken sandwich, 3 pieces of chicken strips, or 4 pieces of chicken strips. You are also going to get sauce, fries, and Texas Toast. If you order 4 pieces of chicken strips you also get cold slaw. Not much in the way of choices.

The main thing here is the chicken strips. Of course the chicken is chicken. The score is in the breading. The breading here is ok. I eat at Popeyes quite a bit and their breading is much better. There is also a special sauce. I thought it was ok, but it really didn't have much taste to it. (Several of my family members disagree with my call on the sauce, but this is not their blog!!!) Givin the chicken a 5.

The best part of the meal for me was the fries. The fries are crinkled fries and they were very crispy. I enjoyed the fries. Giving the fries a 6.5

Texas toast is pretty hard to mess up. You take an oversized piece of bread, butter it heavily and toast it. It was good, but back to Popeyes for the biscuit. Giving Toast a 5.5.

Overall, I give Raisin Caines a 5.756. Don't look for many more posts about Raisin Caines.

next time.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment