Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Razzoo's - Mesquite

Lately the wifey has been talking about fried pickles at Razzoo's. So as we discussed dinner options tonight, I threw out Razzoo's and that was that. So we did the shiver and shake (it's cold outside) to Razzoo's. For me this is the home of the fried pickle. My first experience with fried pickles was probably 10 years ago at Razzoo's. I had never heard of fried pickles before that.

So we ordered fried pickles and the sausage, red beans and rice. The fried pickles here are the absolute best, bar none. The batter is spicy and pretty thick on a very dill pickle. They serve a dipping sauce that is a spicy version of ranch. Spicy good stuff. This is why you go here.

The sausage had a real nice flavor. Some pretty good spicy and it was grilled. I wanted it a little more spicy so I added some of their hot sauce. It is very interesting, I was reading the label on the hot sauce waiting on the fried pickles to come out and the first ingredient is hot sauce. So the first ingredient of hot sauce is hot sauce. This tells me a lot. The sausage is a good.

The red beans had a real good flavor, some of the best in Mesquite. Rice was rice. The meal also came with a slice of Texas toast which is always a plus.

So overall this was a good meal. One observation, they must fire all of their employees on their 20th birthday. I have never seen so many young kids running a restaurant. Second observation, with it 25 degrees outside, it probably is not a good night to be wearing short shorts, but most of the employees were.

Overall, givn em an 8.00

Mitcho
©2015

No comments:

Post a Comment