Friday, January 23, 2015

The Angry Dog - Commerce St Downtown Dallas

The wifey and I were downtown for some bidness late this afternoon. So the only right thing to do was to eat downtown since we were there. Of course for blog reasons we wanted to eat in a different restaurant. So when we eat at Twisted Root (Top 5 burger in Texas according to Texas Monthly) there is a sign on the side of the building the Angry Dog is in that says the Best Burger in Dallas. So of course it was time we knew the truth. So we decided to forego Twisted Root and try The Angry Dog. So we did the Hip Hop dance to the Angry Dog. On the way I was thinking, exactly why would you name your new restaurant in the Downtown Dallas area, The Angry Dog? I am thinking the food is items you would feed an angry dog. Oh well, what do I know.

When you walk into the Dog you will come to two conclusions real fast. This is a watering hole and you are about to meet the Commerce St/Deep ellum crowd. Our waiter had his share of tats and his hairdo was spiked down the middle and bald around. Interesting but not for me, yet. I think it is safe to say that the number of Southern Baptist Deacons was not over 1. Of course when the waiter comes and we order Coke, you can see the disappointment immediately. So we are looking at the menu and there it is. It just jumps out at you. One of the menu items is "The Angry Dog". Come to find out, this is a maximum hot dog. So the only right thing for me to do was order "The Angry Dog". The wifey ordered The Burger. They point out all of the Dallas area publications that have listed The Angry Dog Burger as Number 1 in Dallas.

When our meal came, we stopped and prayed as we always do at each meal. I am sure the patrons noticed this odd function going on. Praise the Lord.

So when my Dog comes, it is a very large all beef Kosher dog, covered in chili, cheese, onions,  and pickles. The dog was grilled to perfection. Man this was a real good hot dog. It had it all. The dog comes with French fries, which were pretty good on their own. The waiter pointed out that they have a special spice on the table to spice up your fries. The spice was a mild addition which was very nice.

I also ate part of the wife's 1/2 lb burger. The burger had a good taste and it had all of the normal condiments. I have to tell you, this one guy's opinion,, the Peppercorn Ranch Hand burger at Twisted Root beats this burger hands down. The Best Burger in Dallas has been and still is the Twisted Root Peppercorn Ranch Hand. Now don't get me wrong, this was a pretty good burger. The onion rings seemed to be more grease than batter or onions. They tasted ok, but I have had better. Note: Twisted Root onion strings are very yummy.

I tipped my waiter nicely. My thought was, if I get into a fight outside on Commerce St, I want him on my side. So I better make him like me.

This was a good meal, but if you are going for a burger, go to Twisted Root. Now, if you are wanting a good hot dog, drag yourself in here and enjoy.

Givn em a 7.381.

Mitcho
©2015

No comments:

Post a Comment