Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pearl Chinese - Gus Thomasson Mesquite, just north of Oates

The wifey decided we would go to North Mesquite High School tonight and see Guys and Dolls, so we needed to eat some place close. We had passed Pearl Chinese several times lately and talked about trying it. We use to eat in this place occasionally 10 to 15 years ago, but haven't been there in a long time. So tonight is the night. So we did the Fan Dance to Pearl Chinese.

As we drove up, there were a couple of cars out front, but no one in the restaurant. Normally this is a very bad sign. But we were on a mission to feed the food blog, so we trotted on in. Of course getting a table was no problem, we had our choice of all of them. So we slithered into a booth.

As we enjoyed our meal, the take out traffic was incredible. There was someone picking up a to go order the entire time we were eating dinner. The manager indicated that his business was almost totally take out these days. Very unusual, but I think it says something good about the food, if you want to eat it 15 to 30 minutes later.

I ordered the Teriyaki Beef. I actually intended to order the Pepper Steak, but I guess I was mesmerized by the beautiful woman I was eating dinner with. So I got the Teriyaki Beef. When the meal came there was a lot of beef. I mean a lot of beef. It came with fried rice, carrots, quite a few broccoli, and of course the Mitcho favorite Onion. The beef came in a sauce that seemed sweet tasting. Of course Mitcho likes a lot of soy sauce on his Chinese food, so I mixed the two and it really had a good flavor.  Overall this was a very good meal. Why haven't I been eating here the last 10 years???

Givn em a 7.669.

Also, Guys and Dolls at North Mesquite was a pretty good show. The kids did a good job. It was kind of sad as basically most of the auditorium was empty. We all need to do a better job of supporting our kids.

Mitcho
©2015

No comments:

Post a Comment