Friday, January 30, 2015

IHOP - I-30 and Belt Line

For several months I have been craving some IHOP strawberry banana pancakes. Of course on Saturday you can't get into an IHOP from early morning till lunch time. During the week I am usually working to the point that I have to eat breakfast at my desk. So no IHOP. However, for some reason, work has slowed significantly this week and I have very little work to do. Also, I have a church gig (The Wknd) from 5:00 to probably 11:00 or 11:30 tonight, so we are eating dinner at 4:00, because you know Mitcho does not miss meals. So we decided yesterday that today was the day to eat a late breakfast at IHOP.

I have two IHOP's in Mesquite about the same distance from my home. The one at Military and 635 is crazy busy. So I decided we would try the one at Belt Line and I-30. When we got there at 9:15 we able to get a table right away. (Note: When we left there were 5 or 6 groups of people waiting for a table.)

The initial service was a little slow, but eventually a waitress came to take our order. One good thing about IHOP is they leave a pot of coffee on your table, so service once you have your food is not an issue. So you guessed it, I ordered Strawberry and Banana Pancakes. Now I am a master at cooking pancakes and no restaurant can make them as good as I can. IHOP is probably as close as there is to a good pancake. Of course when you cover them in strawberries and bananas, it almost guaranteed to be good. Of course the large scoop of whipped cream on top helps matters!!!! This is some good eats, yes sirree!!!

Givn IHOP an 8.03.

Mitcho
©2015

No comments:

Post a Comment