Friday, December 12, 2014

Twisted Root - Commerce Downtown

Dinner time once again. It seems to come around about the same time every day. So it's time to get our grub on. So the wifey decides it is hamburger night and threw out some suggestions of the haunts we have been known to frequent. She suggested Snuffers, Joe Willey's, Twisted Root, and "Stop there, go no further" there is no competition. Twisted Root it is. So when did a line dance called Traffic Jam all the way to downtown. When we got down there, for some reason the city had blocked off the parking meters we normally park at, so we had to circle a few times to find a meter available. We finally busted the door open and made our grand entrance. I couldn't believe it, almost no one was there. I have never seen it like this on a Friday night before. There were more employees in the place than customers, so the employees were at the ordering line helping people decide what they should order. I didn't need any help, I was on a mission. Now wifey had suggested that we only order fried pickles with our burger instead of ordering onion strings also. BUT THEY HAVE THE BEST ONION STRINGS IN NORTH TEXAS!!!!! So I overrode her wisdom and ordered onion strings, fried pickles and a Ranch Hand Burger. Of course later she said "I told you so".

The onion strings have the best tasting batter of all of the joints I have eaten onion rings in and they are fried to a nice crispness with a good tasting oñion. Can't beat it.

The fried pickles are pretty good (I like Razzoo's fried pickles the best), not the best, but pretty good.

The Ranch Hand is a 1/2 pound burger with good tasting patty, swiss cheese, a ranch dressing, bacon, bacon, lettuce and oñion. This is probably my favorite burger in North Texas. Grab you one and from now on you will be in front of me in line every time I slither downtown. You won't be disappointed.

Done been Twisted

Note: 1/2 of Twisted Root on Commerce is a watering hole. But the other half is acceptable to us Bible Toting Tea Toting No Tolerance Baptist type foragers.

Givn The Root a hearty 8.897.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment