Saturday, December 13, 2014

Furr's Cafeteria - Garland Centerville and 635

Tonight Big Guy and Lil Darlin have the flu. Darlin and Sax Man were supposed to go to a Christmas dinner at their church. However, Sax Man had to stay home to be with the sickos. So Wifey stepped in and took Sax Man's place at the dinner. All of this left me by myself for dinner. Now that is dangerous, especially to my waistline. So my first thought is where do I really want to eat that Wifey is not going to be willing to go with me. The top candidates on this list are all-you-can-eat buffets. I have been to Golden Corral and I find it's food almost tasteless. I actually have a Golden Corral within a block of my home, but I would drive 10 miles to not eat there. Luby's is not all-you-can-eat, but it is cafeteria food. Luby's food has been inconsistent over the last year. Sometimes it is pretty decent and other times it is terrible. So this leaves Furrs!!! I have been here many times and it is always pretty good food. So I did the grizzly bear dance to Furrs.

I started my meal off with a salad. They have a pretty good  salad bar. The lettuce has a mixture of different items in it and it is pretty fresh. I added celery, broccoli spears, onion, radishes, cheese and Thousand Island dressing. This was a pretty good salad.

Normally, my main dish is a grilled ground beef patty, which are pretty good here. But I always look at all of the choices before I strike. Tonight they had beef enchiladas that look pretty interesting. I also got Spanish rice and pinto beans. The beef enchiladas were pretty tasty, a little different from other restaurants, but pretty good. The enchiladas remind me of the ones I make at home. The rice was rice. The pinto beans always are a pretty good pinto bean. They are about as good as any I have eaten in North Texas. Yeah for the beans.

Finally it is down to reason it is dangerous to be at a buffet. Dessert time. Now Mitcho likes cobbler probably more than onion. So first of all, forget the small dessert plate, I go for a meal size plate. Tonight I loaded my plate with peach cobbler and cherry cobbler. Both cobblers had are very crunchy and tasty crust, very tasty juice and the peaches and cherries were good also. The only problem here is it would look real bad if I kept going back for more. Also, in my inspection of the offerings tonight I had noticed that there was banana pudding. So after the cobblers I just had to try a bowl of pudding. The banana pudding was almost void of taste and was pretty disappointing. This was the only downside of the this meal.

So if you are haungry (that's man size hungry), then you can't go too wrong at Furrs.

Givn Furrs a 7.38

Mitcho
©2014
Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him may have eternal life.


Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour

Please attend church with me next Sunday. Where ever you are, go to the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwas2xFpEStMd06-59ggY7g

No comments:

Post a Comment