Sunday, December 7, 2014

Jimmy Johns - Richardson/Campbell Rd & 75

Today CBoss was one of the lead characters in a Christmas play at his church. So of course me and wifey had to go to Richardson for the Grand performance. Now CBoss has had a serious case of stage fright in the past, so with so many lines, we were very nervous. He came by it honestly, get more than 3 in the room and my knees start to knock like a combustion engine running on bad fuel. Anyway, CBoss ruled the house today and did a great job. So my head grew about 15 inches in less than an hour. We had decided earlier if he made it through, we were celebrating and letting him pick his place to eat. Now if you have followed my blog you will know that I have reviewed Jimmy Johns once before in July because CBoss was so enamored with it. So of course we told him he could go anywhere he wanted and we were right JJ's.

So Darlin', Saxman, CBoss, Big Guy, Lil Darlin', wifey and myself did the Hokey Pokey to Jimmy Johns. CBoss ate his full 8" ham and cheese and a full pickle in a very short period of time. The only thing he plows through any faster is pizza. The kid could eat pizza 3 times a day, everyday.

Anyway, I digress. So I ordered the Italian sub. Of the sub sandwich places, the Italian sub is always my first choice. So I have lots of experience with Italian Subs and about 20 lbs of fat on my waistline to show for it (I call it my resume!!!). This Italian sub has the assorted Italian meats and cheese. It has lettuce, tomatoes and an Italian sauce. I couldn't taste the Italian sauce at all. At everywhere else you can add onions (and you know Mitcho likes onion!!!!!), bell pepper, pickles, olives, jalapenos, etc. So with no Italian sauce taste and no spicy kind of veggies, this is a plain sandwich. Not real excited. However, since CBoss thinks it is the greatest place to eat, I will be back.

Givn' JJ's a 6.1

Try the Italian Sub at Zeke's Kitchen, the special on Wednesday's.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment