Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Cafe Del Rio - Mesquite

Today my very good friend and campin buddy Garyio needed help working on his travel trailer. So I spent the better part of the day helping him. We got so involved in the process that we never stopped for lunch. NOW MITCHO DOES NOT SKIP MEALS. It must be the 11th commandment. Meals certainly are very important to our lord as many of his miracles involved food and drink.

By dinner time I was HUNGRY. So I told the wifey that I needed a big meal for dinner. You know Mexican food can certainly step up to the plate and get you just some miserable. My goal exactly!!! So the wifey said I could pick my poison. It is a close decision between Posados and a free sopapilla at the end and jalapeno ranch dip at Café Del Rio. Some choices in life are very confusing.

So chipper and me did the Ballu tundu to Café Del Rio. Get me some chips and that jalapeno ranch dip. The chips are about normal for Mexican restaurants and the mild dip has lots of stuff in it but it is pretty short on taste, the hot sauce is not hot and only has a little more taste, but wait till your tea comes before tacking the Jalapeno Ranch. This is some hot stuff and it is very good!!!!! Pass me some more rat now.

As normal we ordered chicken fajitas for one with charro beans and rice. We were given a good amount of chicken tonight and it was fairly spicy. That's a good thing. They gave us corn and flour tortillas so we were flooded in tortillas which when you are starving the extra tortillas come in handy. The fajitas come with a butter sauce (which I don't get to eat because Chipper goes after it like a rabid dog, also I don't want to be called Stub), pico de gallo, sour cream, cheese and guacamole. As I mentioned it is my understanding that the butter sauce it very good. The charro beans were pretty basic tonight and rice is rice.

Overall this is a pretty good meal givn it a 9.15.

Mitcho
 ©2015
 

No comments:

Post a Comment