Saturday, April 25, 2015

Chuys - Plano



Editors Note; Last fall our Canon Rebel camera died a horrible death on top of a mountain in Virginia. So to finish out our trip I went to Walmart and purchased a small camera. Well I need a use for that camera, so I am using it to spice up the ole food blog. Of course tonight I was almost finished with my meal when I realized I hadn't taken a picture yet. I am going to have to remember to take a picture, pray and then dive in likes there is no tomorrow.

So in April we have a number of family birthdays. Of course Precious gets her own party, presents and fun. The adult girls Darlin and Lefty have to share a birthday meal. So Lefty decided to go to Chuys. We decided to go to the one in Plano because of parking. We all like the one at Knox Hendreson better, but just try to park a car there. So we were off to Plano. It is not an easy thing to get a table for 11 on Saturday night, so we had to wait almost an hour for a table.

So we started the meal off with teas, Dr. Pepper, lemonade, Sprite and water and of course chips and hot sauce. The chips are a pretty good chip, but the salsa needs work. The salsa here is basically diced tomatoes. There is a small amount of cilantro and onion but certainly not enough of either. So immediately I order Jalapeno Ranch sauce. Now we are cooking. Our whole group thinks the Jalapeno Ranch rocks. Just try keeping our chip bowls full. Of course Chipper was leading the way tonight. We think two of the boys, Big Guy and Lil' Bud pretty much only ate chips. At one point Big Guy's chip basket was moved out of reach and he wanted that issue fixed immediately. He was sitting next to me his Poppy, so of course I saw to it that he had plenty of chips.

The wifey and me ordered combo fajitas for one and we split them. I intended to take a picture of the meal went it came, however, I was down to my last fajita when I realized that I hadn't taken a picture. I will get better.

The tortillas we very tasty, not as good as Rosa's but pretty close. This is big plus. I  had two chicken fajitas and one beef. Both the chicken and beef were decent, but nothing to really brag about. I think Posado's is spicier. The condiment tray had cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and a tomato and onion mix. This mix had some red onions which is a definite plus, you know Mitcho likes onions. The meal also came with refried beans and rice, but I didn't get to either one, so no report.

As I said Precious had a birthday earlier today and we had birthday cake left over. So the birthday cake came to this meal. However, no one thought to bring plates, forks , etc and we didn't start eating cake until some of our plates and forks had been taken. So we improvised. Once I was through with my cake, CBoss needed a plate and was not interested in putting his cake on top of where my cake was. So his Aunt Lefty took a tortilla that we didn't eat and covered the plate with the tortilla and then put his cake on top. He was happy. See the picture above.

Overall this was a good meal and a great time celebrating family. Givn em a 7.95

Mitcho
©2015

No comments:

Post a Comment