Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Saltgrass Steakhouse - Mesquite

First of all a shout out to my followers in Russia, welcome back to the blog. I promise I will behave this time and not give you pause to stop reading the blog. No more making fun of the KGB.

It is time to fire the ole blog back up. Work has dominated my life of late so the blog has been pretty quiet. No more. Let's have some fun. A client of mine gave me a gift card to Saltgrass and the wifey is a fan of the Saltgrass steak. So off we went. Of course at the end of the meal, we discovered that the client gave us the wrong copy (her receipt for the purchase) not the gift card, so I had the pleasure of paying for the meal. Oh well, as I said the wifey enjoys a good steak so it was well worth it.

Being a redneck from The Grove (aka Grove Rat), we were poor growing up. So fine food in our house was red beans. That is why I am so good at being a redneck. Along the way my body never developed the ability to process meat that hasn't already been processed (steak). So I eat ground beef steak at steak houses. My steak was supposed to come with grilled onions (and you know Mitcho likes onions) and cheese on top. My steak tonight didn't have the cheese. You know if you have enough cheese everything is better. No cheese doesn't help matters at all. My steak was OK, nothing to write home about, but it was ok. Now the wifey loved her Top Sirloin (Wagon Boss). So the Boss ordered the Boss. The meals came with a salad and baked potato. The salad was very good, however, if you tear it apart, it basically was lettuce, croutons, and dressing. I prefer a little variety in my salad, you guessed it, onion, radishes, celery, etc. Not happening here. So Outback wins the salad war. And don't get me talking about Steak N Ale. The baked potato was loaded and was a good spud. The meal also came with bread, which wasn't bad, but it was a little short on taste. Outback's bread wins here hands down. I do like that they leave a pitcher of tea on the table for you to get your own refills. Mitcho is a heavy drinker of tea, so easy refills is a plus.

Overall, it was a good first meal of the season. Given em a 7.9.

By the way, I plan on expanding the topics of the blog to rock concerts and travel.  So hang on, we are going to have some fun.

Mitcho
©2015

No comments:

Post a Comment