Monday, February 2, 2015

Texas Roadhouse - Garland - Bush Tollway

Today was Lil' Darlin and Big Guy's 4th birthday. So the birthday party was at Chuck Cheese in
Garland. As I pulled in, I noticed that Texas Roadhouse was next door. The birthday party included cardboard pizza and all of the kids seemed to enjoy it. However, with my redneck taste buds and my advanced age, I knew better. So from the beginning I was scheming to eat dinner at Texas Roadhouse. I can't tell you how much fun it was attempting to make all of the tokens disappear at Chuck Cheese to get the party over with.

So after the party the wifey and me did the Merengue over to Texas Roadhouse. Now the Texas Roadhouse in Mesquite is so busy it is almost impossible to get a table, but this one took about 5 minutes. The Roadhouse is famous for the free peanuts which they have positioned at the front door, on every table and all other places. Of course this redneck can't eat peanuts. I really enjoyed eating peanuts, till old age stuff struck. 

So our waitress was prompt in taking our drink orders (tea). When she returned she took our dinner order. I ordered the Road Kill steak. Can't get any better than a redneck ordering road kill. This is a chopped steak with lots of onion (you know Mitcho luves his onion), solid coating of cheese and mushrooms. Mitcho is not a mushroom kind of guy, so hold the mushys. I ordered a salad and baked potato loaded. This is some good eats right here. Also, I almost left out the home baked rolls and the butter is honey-butter. This is a good meal from beginning to end.

given em an 8.0

Mitcho
©2015




No comments:

Post a Comment