Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Rosa's Cafe - Rockwall

So I have been eating at Rosa's Café for about 12 years. This is a chain that started in West Texas. I have eaten in a Rosa's in San Angelo, Midland, Amarillo, and Wylie. They are all the same. There are now 18 Rosa's in the Metromess.

So the wifey was babysitting grands in Rockwall today. So when it came to dinner time, she called and wanted to know if I would drive to Rockwall to eat at Rosa's. This location has just opened in the last week or two. I have been watching it be built and my excitement has increased each time I monitored their progress. So tonight it was time for our first Rosa's experience in Rockwall. So I hung up the phone and did the Chicken dance to Rockwall.

Now Rosa's is a notch above fast food Mexican (Bueno, Cabana, Bell, etc.) and a notch below full service restaurants (El Fenix, Posado's, etc.) I can't explain it, but I always have an enjoyable eating experience at Rosa's. When I got to Rosa's, the parking lot was full and the line was out the door. So maybe I am not the only person that likes Rosa's.

I decided in order to give you guys a better report, I ordered a variety of eats. I ordered a crispy taco. This taco has the usual suspects, beef, lettuce, cheese and tomatoes if you want them (I don't). This is a good taco with a great reputation. Check it out. Someday put on Facebook that you had 3 or 4 #18's and see how many responses you get. Next I went for a soft taco, which had the same ingreds, but it was in a Rosa's flour tortilla. More about the tortilla later. But suffice it to day it was good! Finally I went for the beef nacho salad. This had chips, lettuce, cheese and beef. Once again it was very good. Rosa's sports a salsa bar that has 4 or 5 salsa choices, plus extras. I chose a spicy salsa and it was spicy and very tasty. Note: The beef has little white squares in it. I think they are potatoes to soak up the gas, that's a very good thing. I topped the dinner off with several flour tortillas. You have to buy the tortillas, but they are my favorite of all Mexican restaurants. These tortillas are thicker and have a slight flour taste. When you go to Rosa's, drop a half dozen tortillas off at my house on the way home.

Overall, givn Rosa's a 7.938.

Get up off the couch and getcha some Rosa's.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment