Thursday, September 11, 2014

Firehouse Subs - Mesquite

The last few years I have heard all of the commercials about the retired firemen who have opened their own sub shop called Firehouse Subs. Now I know a number of firemen and I don't know a skinny one. The must eat good at the firehouse. This would make you want to try it one time just cause. I have a few friends that have eaten at the one in Rockwall and have bragged about how good it was. They drive from Forney to Rockwall just for the Firehouse. So recently one opened at 635 and Towne Centre in Mesquite. I have been going by it regularly, so it was time to check it out. I sacrifice my body for my readers.

I ordered the Italian sub. I did this because I like the Italian sub a lot and I have eaten one in a number of restaurants. So I have something to compare to it.  When I ordered they started off with one strike. Mayo on an Italian sub, PLEASE!!!!!!! Of course I stopped that non-sense immediately. The sub had all of the Italian meats, onion, bell pepper, lettuce and Italian dressing. NOT MAYO. The sub was a good sub. It tasted much better than Subway. I rate it about even with the Italian Sub at Quiznos. Of course find a Quiznos these days. No where as good as Zeke's Kitchen. But still a pretty good sub. The meal did cost about $3.00 more than eating at Subway, but it was much better. I'll be back.

Givin the Firehouse a 7.67.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment