Friday, September 5, 2014

Black-Eyed Pea - Mesquite

Well as usual dinner time rolled around again. Meal time is one of my most favorite times of the day. So I really didn't have any ideas about a dinner option tonight. We had eaten lunch at Doe Belly's so I was already in heaven for the day. The wifey suggested we do some veggies tonight. Of course I don't mind about once a month eating a healthy meal. So I am all in.  So the Wifey suggests Black-Eyed Pea. Now being a good redneck, I refer to this place as Black-Eyed Bean. One of these would have done good in my home town of Pleasant Grove (yes, it's a separate place from the rest of Dallas, ask any Grove Rat). In the Grove there were many black-eyes!!!

So we did the watusi to the Black-Eyed Bean. Now in keeping with eating healthy, we ordered the vegetable plate and split it. The veggie plate has 5 veggie choices and rolls and cornbread. I ordered red beans & rice, macaroni & cheese and cinnamon apples. The red beans & rice were very tasty. The had some pretty good sausage scattered in them. They were a real plus tonight. The macaroni was macaroni. How do you mess up macaroni? Also, how can it be special. Normal macaroni is loaded with cheese. The cinnamon apples were tasty with a light sweetness and light apple taste. It's a good tonight. Topped the meal off with two pieces of cornbread. The second piece I added some honey to it!! I assume the rolls were very good since the wifey took control of them like they were her right of passage.

We ran into some long-time friends and caught up on what's happening. It's always good when everyone knows your name.

Overall, this meal was affordable and pretty good. I give'm a 7.385.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment