Friday, September 26, 2014

The Fried Pie Company - Gainesville, TX

By now, I am sure you know that Mitcho likes pie!!!!! So on Thursday, I had to see a client in Sherman. So I purposely scheduled the meeting so that I had time to get to Gainesville for lunch. You know for PIE. So the wifey and me did the Tribal Style Belly Dance all the way to Gainesville. I have been to The Fried Pie Co before for pie, but we have never eaten a meal there. So I figure it was only right that we eat there once.

So after a long period of negotiations in which I though I was going to have to bring in a lawyer to break the stalemate, we decided (yeah the wifey decided) that we would share a chicken fried steak and get our own pie. So we ordered the CFS. It came with potato salad and special beans.

We believe the CFS was a frozen chicken fried steak like something you would order from Schwans. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what we were expecting. The potato salad was a mustard potato salad which is a plus for Mitcho, but that's were the good ended. I also like some relish and maybe some onion to give it a crunch and more flavor. Not this potato salad. So it was overall ok, but nothing to look forward to. The special beans was a cheap version of pork & beans that seemed to be watered down. Enough said here. Overall, the entre/meal gets only a 5.0.

After all of this it was time to get it right with pie. The wifey ordered a chocolate fried pie and I ordered an apricot fried pie. The chocolate fried pie came with powdered sugar over it and after wifey commented about that, it was GONE. So I am thinking it must have been very good. The apricot fried pie had a very tasty crust and some really good apricot pie filling. The pie was about a handful, so it was good size also. The fried pies were a Mitcho get some more.

So my advice is, if you are in the Gainesville area, go by the The Fried Pie Co and buy two baker's dozens of friend pies. Bring one dozen by Mitcho's and I will reimburse you for your cost. Enjoy the other. Go by Whataburger for lunch either before or after.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment