Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Fuddruckers - Rockwall

Yep, it was dinner time again. So the wifey asked if I wanted to go to Rockwall and eat with our grands. Duh!!! So we settled on Fuddruckers and called to see if they would join us. Of course when a free meal is coming, mom and dad are pretty special for a little while.

The Fuddruckers has not been open here very long. It is in a building with Luby's at I-30 and Hwy 205 (there is a Costco in this shopping center). NOTE: My receipt indicates I purchased the meal from Luby's, wrong.

So we did the Reggae to Rockwall. We met Bud, Precious and Lil' Bud. All the way there the wifey was promoting sharing a burger. Say what???? So at the end I made a stand for manhood and indicated I needed my own burger. I won tonight, that doesn't happen very often.

I ordered the 1/3 pound burger. They have about a dozen options to add to the burger for $1.00 per item. However, with the burger and sauce and veggie bar, you are going to get a pretty good burger. So when I got my burger I went directly to the sauce bar (you know, mustard, mayo, ketchup, cheese pump, etc.) It was near emergency. An employee there indicated that the cheese pump was empty. If you haven't figured out, the cheese pump is the whole reason you go to Fuddruckers. So I was desperate. I started hitting the cheese pump just to make sure there wasn't some goo left. I was lucky because it started pumping cheese and I pumped until my burger was covered. Off to the veggies bar for lettuce, onions, pickles., etc. The burger was a pretty good burger, not special but pretty good.

We also ordered wedge fries. They also have chili cheese fries, but I can see Lil' Bud now after eating them and he would be a major size mess. So we settled for wedge fries. These fries were pretty good, but not in my top five. You see, I like thin and crispy fries, not large and soft fries, aka wedge fries. So not overly exciting here.

The burger gets a 6.85 and the fries don't add to the score. If you go to Fuddruckers, when you get to the cheese pump, look around and see if I am there. If I am there, make sure you don't take all of the cheese please.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment