Thursday, May 28, 2015

Bodacious BBQ - Tyler


The last night in Tyler, the wifey and me were by our self and we survived it. We also survived a downpour of a rain. We were planning on cooking food bags in the fire, but with it raining heavily that was not an option. So we decided we needed to go find a place to eat. I was really concerned how much flooding we would run into, so we went to the first place from Tyler State Park. That happened to be Bodacious BBQ.

As usual at most BBQ joints, we ordered a two meat plate, sliced brisket and sausage. The sliced brisket had a nice flavor and was pretty lean. The sausage was another story. It was pretty greasy and fatty. Not what Mitcho wanted.

We also ordered potato salad and this had very little mustard and Mitcho likes his spices. So it was OK, but not exciting.

Finally, I get to the beans. Man, these were some of the best beans I have had outside of Zeke's. The beans had a good amount of chili powder in them and did I mention I like my spices.

Overall, you could do a lot worse, but it is not in my top 5.

Givn em a 6.24 (beans get bonus points, to get here).

MItcho
©2015


No comments:

Post a Comment