Friday, May 29, 2015

Cheesecake Factory - Allen

So CBoss was in the 3rd grade this year. So it was time to take the Starr test. Since we are a family of school teachers and teacher wanabe's, we take these things serious, which is a new experience for me.
In my time school was something you did if there were no sports to play or you couldn't play in the creek. So we spent many a night at Darlin's house helping CBoss with his homework to get ready for the Starr test. So he finally took the test a couple of weeks ago and we got his scores back this week. He passed with good scores. It's time to party. I think all of the adults suggested a party at the same moment. So it was on. After about 10 seconds of discussion we decided to hold the party at the Cheesecake Factory. We decided Allen was easier for us to get to than Northpark. We have been to Northpark a number of times, but we have never been to the one in Allen. So we did the skank dance to Allen.

First of all, we walked in and was seated immediately. That never happened at Northpark. So we are off to a good start. So the party was me, wifey, Sax Man/bean counter, Darlin', CBoss (of course), Lil Darlin', and Big Guy.

As we negotiated what we would have for dinner, I made it clear that I would share an entrĂ©e, but I was getting my own cheesecake. A man has to have priorities. So the wifey and me decided to share a Crusted Chicken Romano. This is a chicken breast in a romano-parmesan  cheese crust, served on pasta. The crusted chick is very good, you would almost go here just to eat dinner sans cheesecake. However, since this is the cheesecake capital of Texas, why? The pasta was very tasty also. The waiter brought us plenty of bread which was pretty tasty. So things are going real good here.

Finally it is time for cheesecake. The waiter asked me if I needed a menu. Nope, I walked in the door knowing what I wanted. I ordered Dulce de Leche Caramel Cheesecake. This is caramel cheesecake loaded heavily with whipped cream. Man oh man, I need a six pack of these. The meal just went from real good to out of this world. To make things better, wifey paid for the meal out of her slush fund. It is a little pricey here, but after you have had cheesecake, you don't seem to worry about minor issues like money.

So I recommend that you grab up your foodies and bust a move to The Factory. While you are there get me a Dulce de Leche to go.

Givn em a 8.75 (it's all about cheesecake)

Mitcho
©2015

No comments:

Post a Comment