Saturday, May 30, 2015

Black Eyed Bean - Mesquite



It's Saturday night and I was takin the wifey out on the town tonight. We were going to see American Sniper at 7:00 and it was 6:00 when we made these executive decisions. You know Mitcho does not miss meals, so we had to eat at something close and fairly fast. After a short discussion we decided on Black Eyed Bean. So we did the Sarabande to the BEB.

Just as we thought, we walked in and was seated immediately. There were quite a few empty tables.

When it came time to order, I didn't even bother reading the menu because I knew the wifey was going to tell me what I was eating. After she did her deep analysis she decided we would split the Texas Sized Chicken Fried Steak. They were not kidding. This thang was the size of the plate. We split that baby in half and I couldn't eat all of my half. This puppy was breaded heavily, just like Mitcho likes it. The meat was a little greasy, but with so much crust it didn't matter. You can't go wrong here, this was a pretty good CFS.

The wifey ordered green beans and I ordered red beans and rice. They don't tell you that it is going to be loaded with sausage also.. The beans had a real good flavor and the sausage was real good. This was a definite plus.

The meal also came with rolls and corn bread. The rolls were almost as big as the CFS. So I never got to the corn bread, I could barely finish my roll. Oh by the way, it was yummy.

Now normally I don't go into much detail  about drinks. What can you say about unsweetened tea that nothing is put into it. Not exciting, unless you are a born and bread Texan and consider tea the national drink. Tonight we order Peach Tea. Oh my. Olive Garden has the best peach tea bar none. But this was the next best I have ever had. If you go to The Bean, get Peach Tea.
(NOTE: 4 days later we went back to the Bean and the Peach Tea had a definite peach taste, but it was really sour. How can it be so great one time, and so bad the next????)


Overall this was a good meal.

Givn em a 8.09.

American Sniper was a gory movie, but it did show the effects PTSD had on our servicemen and women. Also, all of the injuries they have to carry the rest of their lives. Of course we are thankful for Chris Kyle's service to our country and saddened by his unfortunate death. The earth is a better place because of men like Chris Kyle. The wifey said later that we (all Americans) should pay for his kids college education. My answer is that we should do a much better job of taking care of all of our servicemen. Remember this terrorist war is going to be fought. We can fight it in the middle east or we can fight here in the States. Just remember Garland a few weeks ago. Off the soapbox for now.

Mitcho
©2015


No comments:

Post a Comment