Friday, August 19, 2016

Los Hermanos - Forney and Jason Bourne

It is Friday night and the wifey informed me we were going to dinner and a movie. She gave me two choices of movie and my choice was the Jason Bourne movie. You know a good redneck appreciates a good constant tail kicking movie. So we did the Chasapiko to Forney.

We were pretty short on time so we needed to go to a restaurant near the movie theatre. So we settled on Los Hermanos. When I went into the restaurant, there were very few people in there. It is 6:00 on Friday night. That is not a good sign. So we ordered drinks (iced tea, the national drink of Texas) and dove into the chips and hot sauce. The hot sauce had a little chili powder taste and was spicier than most, not really hot, just spicy. The chips were not quite as good as the normal chip, but they were edible.

I ordered the #1 which is a taco, cheese enchilada, and beef enchilada with rice. The taco had plenty of lettuce and cheese, but when you get to the meat, it is just plain meat. No spices, no flavor, nothing. The cheese enchilada had a pretty good tasting cheese and there was plenty of it. The beef enchilada had the same beef as in the taco and a little sauce on top that had little flavor. Come on, it is Tex-Mex, put some spices in there.

Now I understand why the place was nearly empty at 6:00 on Friday night. I won't bother going back to Los Hermanos. Next time I will eat the $1.00 hot dog at the movie and drink the $5.00 coke. The wifey/Chipper would be happier making popcorn her meal anyway. You know, thinking about it, she might have some redneck in her also. Popcorn for dinner, sounds right to me.

Givem a 6.5

Afterwards, we headed to the theatre to watch the new Jason Bourne movie. I think the violence and killin started before the movie and he may not be done yet. Co-Staring was Tommy Lee Jones, which  always does a good job. Killins, fighting, killins, car chases, motorcycle chases, killins, and one car chase that is pretty unbelievable, but very entertaining. If you like action movies this is a keeper.

Givem two thumbs up (two is all I got).

Mitcho
©2016

1 comment:

  1. I don't suppose the Forney Los Hermanos will make it on my eatery bucket list after that review, but Jason Bourne just flew past Suicide Squad on my at the movies viewing list.

    ReplyDelete