Friday, August 26, 2016

Olive Garden - Mesquite

For some reason, wifey and me wound up with no babysitting assignments or meals with our kiddoes, so we were on our own for dinner tonight. I am not sure why, but I have been craving some Olive Garden for several months. So I informed the wifey GENTLY that our destination tonight would be OG. She had eaten lunch at one of those girly only restaurants and was not hungry. So I fired back that we would split the Tour of Italy. Now normally I am not a big fan of the share, but if I am gong to get 75% of the food, let's share. I am a growing boy, and I do need mass quantities. So she agreed to go, so we did the tarantella to OG.

Of course first I had to put my disguise on. You know, wholly redneck clothes don't give off the vide that you can pay for an expensive Italian meal. So the wifey instructed me to change or else.

We expected this place to be very busy on a Friday evening, but they weren't busy and we got a table almost immediately. So the waiter comes up to sell us wine, appetizer, shrimp, calamari, the back 1/2 acre of the lot, two of the ovens in the kitchen, and anything that would ring up a larger ticket.

We ordered Peach Tea and the Tour of Italy. Now most rednecks would be mixing a little shine in their tea, but being a teetotaller, I prefer a little peach juice to spice things up. Many times, the peach tea at OG has a very strong peach taste and sometimes a slice of peach in the bottom. But tonight, no slice and just a hint of peach. But it was still good.

The Tour of Italy has Lasagne, Chicken Parmigiana, and Fettuccini Alfredo. All three of these are very good. You can't go wrong here.

Of course the meal comes with a bottomless salad and bread sticks. The salad is one of my favorites of all restaurants. Of course if you eat too much salad, there is less room for bread sticks and the entrée. Now the breadsticks are the best bread served in restaurants in Mesquite. I mean they are some good.

Overall, this is a great meal. The next time you have a few extra dollars, grab a couple of friends and boogie on over to Olive Garden.

Givem a 9.1

Mitcho
©2016

No comments:

Post a Comment