Tuesday, May 3, 2016

El Chico Rockwall - 1st Mexican food after a liquid diet.

So I was recently in a very bad knife fight just north of Deep Ellum. Woke up and found myself on a liquid diet. Now, for most Grove Rat rednecks, a liquid diet is a rather regular occurrence. However, their liquid diet included a significant amount of barley and hops. My liquid diet was more of the apple juice, Gatorade and jello version. It doesn't take long to be ready to eat some real food. I tried to get my hommy's to bring me a Pizza Getti Deluxe Pizza pureed, but I found that I have no real food smuggling friends. That's cool, I got my back.

So today we did the Azonto dance to Rockwall to keep a couple of our grands. After our duty was over it was time to get some food. Now I let my group pick their pleasure for tonight's meal, but I was constantly throwing in the good Mexican food joints. I finally helped them decide they wanted to go to El Chico. Of course Chipper likes their tortilla soup. So if we go there, I don't have to share. Always a good thing.

So after some unneeded discussion we did more Azonto to El Chico. Our group tonight was me (of course), Chipper, Bud, Big D, Precious and Hoss (welcome to the redneck family).

In the middle of the table was an advertisement for daily specials. Now I don't know if these are on-going or just for Cinco de Mayo, but I will be checking into that. The Tuesday special was Combination fajitia's for 2 for $14.99. Pretty good deal.

So we decided the 3 of us would share one of these. A(See 2nd paragraph above.)

The chips are the pretty normal chips, nothing special here. However, the salsa was real spicy and little hot tonight. That's a good. 

The fajita's came with beef and chicken meat (thus the combination). The beef was really tasty. I am talking spiced up pretty nicely. The chicken had some spice taste, but not as spicy as the beef. Man that was a huge platter of meat. The 3 of us, ate all we could stand, and took a to go box home for a couple of more meals. That is a good deal.

I really liked their tortilla's. They had more of a homemade flavor than most Mexican restaurants. That's a good.

The rice and beans were the pretty normal.

Overall, after a liquid diet this was a really good meal. I bet I am not down 23 pounds now.

Givem a 7.9999999999999

Mitcho
©2016

No comments:

Post a Comment