Monday, May 9, 2016

Heff's Burgers - Mesquite

Chipper and me were up in Mesquite about dinner time tonight at the Redneck store hangout (Wally World). You know it's good when looking at the Mesquite people is better entertainment than the shopping. No need in going to the circus now.

So Heff's burgers is new to town and has been the talk of the town for the last month or so. You know Mitcho has to hit the joint when everybody is talking about it. So we did the Bomba to Heff's.

I like how the place is decorated, old car pictures, old oil company signs, etc. Good start.

This is one of the places where the small burger is a 1/2 lb burger. Of course you know that Chipper had already decided we were sharing. So we ordered a Heff's burger with onion rings. When we split, I am a mustard and onions kind of guy and Chipper is mayo and not so much. So we ordered mayo and mustard on the side. I guess we should have pointed out that we didn't want either on the burger. So when the burger came, it had mayo on one bun and mustard on the other bun. Plus, they gave us Mayo and Mustard on the side. I am not sure how it was for Chipper, but I was able to add enough mustard to where I didn't even know the mayo was there. Score one for mustard.

On the table is Heff's special sauce. Well you know I have got to try the sauce. So I put some in the basket with the onion rings. I have decided this sauce is so special you have to know the secret code to taste it. Yeah, I am saying it has little or no taste. I guess that can be special. For me, not so much.

The burger had a good flavor and with the pickles, mustard, onion, lettuce, etc. it was a good burger.
The onion rings were a pretty good onion ring. So overall, this was a good meal.

I would be givem something near 8 for their rating, but I have to subtract points for the mayo/mustard thriller and the special sauce that had no taste. So tonight, 7.2519.

Mitcho
©2016

No comments:

Post a Comment