Monday, May 23, 2016

Ballard Street Cafe & Grill - Wylie

Late this afternoon, we had some impotent bidness in Sachse, which is just down the creek from Wylie. So after we completed our impotent bidness we decided we would go to Wylie for dinner. At first the wifey was threatening me with going to "The Taste of Home" in Wylie. Now there aren't any rednecks in good standing eating is this place. They are the white linen table cloth, fancified servers, etc. kind of place. So when the wifey adjusted it down to "The Ballard Street Café", I jumped on the idea. So we did the bolero to The Ballard Street Café & Grill.

The deco of this place is probably 50's, with lots of old pictures on the wall. The customers do resemble rednecks, but I am not sure. So I felt at home here.

The Café serves breakfast all day as well as dinner entres. So I went for the breakfast option. I don't get to see anything that resembles a real breakfast very often. So I ordered biscuits and gravy, hashbrowns and link sausage. The biscuits were cooked early this morning and were probably pretty good at breakfast time, but 9 or 10 hours later, they were pretty dried out. Of course the gravy helped some. I like to add a little salt and a lot of pepper to my biscuits and gravy, but the pepper shaker just didn't give much pepper up. So this part of the meal was not as spicy as I like. The hashbrowns were pretty good, but needed more pepper than I could get out of the shaker. The link sausage was pretty bland. So I added some Chef's Choice Hot Sauce to one of them and then pancake syrup to the other. With enough additives the link sausage wasn't too bad.

The wifey went for the chicken friend steak with green beans and okra. The chicken fried steak has a lot of grizzle in it, so not so good. The rest of her meal was ok.

So overall, this wasn't such a good dining experience. Of course there isn't much else in the way of restaurants in this area of Wylie.

Giv'em a 5.411

MItcho
©2016
Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him may have eternal life.


Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour

Please attend church with me next Sunday. Where ever you are, go to the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwas2xFpEStMd06-59ggY7g




No comments:

Post a Comment